Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Physical Cost Of Being A Wedding Videographer

The Physical Cost Of Being A Wedding Videographer

August 8, 2015
As much as I love shooting weddings, they are so physically demanding.  Every wedding, I spend a full day before the wedding day preparing. Cleaning lenses, cleaning off memory cards, making sure everything from the previous event is backed up, adjusting settings of all cameras, replacing batteries, charging batteries, accounting for every little piece of equipment that may have been misplaced so that it can be replaced before the next shoot. 
Photographing or Video taping a wedding used to seem so simple, but nowadays, with all of the extras that I do in order to make an amazing wedding video, it really is a LOT of work, just in preparation, not to mention the shooting, and editing. 
I remember my own wedding day, and what I went through to prepare for the day. Sometimes I feel as though, in my own preparation for shooting someone else's wedding, that I have as much getting ready to do as the families do. 
It really is fun, and very rewarding, but I am looking forward to playing catch up on current projects over the next few weeks. Tonight I am doing video for a wedding in Layton, which is a wedding that I've been looking forward to for months, but this is the last one until the end of the month. But, with time off, comes more "work". Since we're closing on our house in a few days, there will be lots of work that needs to be done in the house. I'll also get lots of time to play catch up on my video projects. 
Here's to a good night tonight, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment