Saturday, June 21, 2014
How To Shop Online For Your Mother Of The Bride Dress
Your daughter's wedding day is announced. She is ecstatically happy and cannot wait to shop for her wedding dress. However, you as the mother of the bride, may have doubts about finding your perfect mother of the bride dress. After all, werenít you the one who visited countless bridal shops, department stores, and boutiques, the last time so-and-so was getting married and could not find something to wear?
What about this special occasion now? Your dress has to complement the color theme of the wedding and the chosen color is fuchsia and guess what, you look terrible in pink! Fret no more. The internet revolution has been around for years and now almost everyone, including Grandmother Harriet, is really savvy in shopping online for anything and everything sold under the sun. You can be too!
If you or someone you know own a computer, and you can type ìmother of the bride dressî in that search box, you have opened up a new world of shopping for yourself.
Here are some quick and easy tips for shopping online:
1. First of all, understand fabric types. Most special occasion dresses are made of chiffon, georgette, silk or man-made silk, organza, or crepe. You could visit a few local bridal shops to get an idea of the different types of fabrics, their quality, and texture.
2. Understand colors. Hopefully, by now, you will know what ìfuchsiaî or ìmagentaî is. Most online stores will have color swatches posted online. However, please be aware those colors are not color true (looking at a color in natural light and close-up), as you are looking into a computer screen. See whether the internet store will send you color swatches in the mail or at least, send you another picture with a close indication of the color you are looking for.
3. Know your approximate size beforehand but wait, do not use this size to order your dress as every manufacturer cuts their dresses according to their OWN size charts. Measure yourself first with a tape measure, your bust, waist, and hips, over your undergarments. Compare these numbers to the manufacturerís size chart provided to get your best size. If you are between sizes, select the next size up as the rule is ìeasier to take in than to let outî.
4. Have an idea what looks good on you and what do not, through previous buying experiences and you can make a sound decision basing on those experiences. If you have large hips, an A-line skirt is definitely flattering. If you have flabby arms, a long sleeve jacket is the way to go. A longer blouse or jacket, hides a problem stomach area, so on and so forth.
5. Online stores stock a wide variety of styles, sizes, and colors and typically more so than the physical stores. Their prices are on the most part, reasonable. Check on the return policy as every store sets their own. Remember that you are shopping for a ìspecial occasionî outfit and the return policy is usually more strict than for regular everyday clothing.
6. Once you have found your perfect dream dress, you would have saved yourself a lot of time, hassle, and perhaps money as well. Online shopping could definitely be the best option for you from now on and not only for your mother of the bride dress!
wedding, weddings, bridal, mother of the bride, dresses, fashion, women's clothing.