Monday, September 29, 2014

I spent $4500 on my wedding dress and I don't feel bad about it

I spent 7 months planning my wedding and I have a confession to make. I spent $4500 on my wedding dress.

BUT I don’t feel guilty about spending that much on my dress, and here’s why.

While $4500 is a lot of money, it was important to me to feel as beautiful as possible on my special day. Since I was a little girl I have dreamed of my wedding day and having a designer wedding dress was important to me. That’s why I’ve been budgeting for this expense since I got engaged. Here is how I did it.

Splurge on the things you value, cut back everything else

Decide on what is important to you and what isn’t. For me that was having my dream dress on my wedding day. I cut back on other areas of my wedding like flowers and the venue so that I could afford my dress.

You should never feel guilty about spending lavishly on something, whether it is a $4500 wedding dress at a bridal shop in Columbus Ohio or a $100 blender. Give yourself permission to buy those expensive big-ticket items, but do so knowing that you need to be a scrooge on things that don’t matter to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment