Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Documentary Project Upcoming

Documentary Project Upcoming

April 8, 2015
Did you ever go on Trek as a youth? I was invited many times to go along for TREK in the summers with my youth group. I was never thrilled with the idea of spending a week in the wilderness with scorching heat, not exactly my idea of summer fun. 
Before we moved out of our house, one of the men in my neighborhood announced that he was taking his 11 year old grandson on a trip along the John Muir Trail. Having just watched the documentary "Mile... Mile & A Half" I knew exactly what  they were up against. I was excited for them, and jealous that I wouldn't be able to go. Being that I am a filmmaker, the idea of creating my own documentary film got me thinking that maybe I should go. That dream didn't last long, before I realized that there was no way that I could physically handle the trip, let alone carrying all my gear. 
Successfully navigating the John Muir Trail would be a tremendous accomplishment, but I knew that I couldn't go. BUT, then my Stake Presidency invited me to go along for TREK this year, and create a documentary film for the journey. It's no John Muir Trail, but TREK is nothing to sneeze at, I am excited to go! 
Did you go when you were younger? If so, did you enjoy it? Tell me your most memorable story of TREK. Want to see some more of my videos? Check out my website www.ryanhenderfilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment