Thursday, April 16, 2015

WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO BOOK YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER

This question gets asked all too often. For us photographers it's a no brainier, so we assume that everyone knows. When should you book your photographer? NOW! YESTERDAY! If you know you're getting married, and you have the date picked, book your photographer.

Depending on your budget for a photographer, the consequences of not booking early will vary greatly. Most quality photographers will book several months in advance, some even years. I've got a few weddings for 2016 booked already, just to illustrate my point. 

It's mid April, and lately I've been overwhelmed with phone calls, emails, and text messages from frantic mothers, brides, and wedding planners trying with all their might to find a photographer in 5 weeks. I understand that sometimes budget constraints limit your ability to book a photographer in advance, but others simply put off booking. 

Your photographer should be the very first thing you book! Even before your wedding venue. 

I've been emailing a woman this morning who is looking for a wedding photographer. The wedding date is June 12th, which is in the wedding season prime. Thus, making it nearly impossible to locate a photographer that will work within her budget, and is available on the day. I've reached out to several of my friends who I thought might be available, with no luck. 

Moral of the story? Book your wedding photographer as soon as you have a date set. If you don't have the venues, times, or other particulars set yet, book the photographer anyway. Worst case scenario is you can adjust your schedule with the photographer nice you have a better idea of when and where things will be happening. 

Want to book me for your wedding? Check out my website! Http://www.ryanhenderfilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment